Donate

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Lemons

Someone recently sent me a message with a comment that I feel is so true. She said it seems like I am tired and frustrated and that life has given me lemons. I think that is a good way to put how I was feeling when I wrote the last post. I forget sometimes how many people see what I am writing. I don't mean to ask people for their pity or anything like that. It's time that we start making lemonade, I suppose.

Yesterday and today have been good! Cael has been eating solids (baby food) like a champ! We have been starting to give him some baby food with every dinner, and this morning he even ate some. He didn't really want his milk this morning, so we tried sweet potatoes instead, which he really liked. He was so happy to eat!

He has also been rolling around a lot. The floors here are tile, so Pam got some really thick batting and is making a nice big pad for him to lay on instead of the hard tile. And he is dancing up a storm right now. We are sitting at the table, with him in his high chair, listening to Disney music, and he is just bouncing around.

His new game is to cry until we give him a toy in his high chair, then he immediately pushes it off. And of course, we have to wash EVERYTHING that falls on the ground. So we are spending quite a bit of time washing toys. Well, that is if we aren't just sitting and waiting for the toy to fall so we can catch it. He must have pushed his monkey toy off about 10 times this morning, with Adam waiting and catching it every time.

Today is going to be a good day. I got up at 7:00 and went for a run! (I haven't run consistently in years) I really have to work off some of the weight I gained from sitting in the hospital every day for 4 months. lol. I have a big day planned of Cael time and relaxing. I really like days that we don't have to go to the hospital. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment