Donate

Sunday, December 2, 2012

2 Days Post Hospital

Oops! I wrote this a few days ago and forgot to post it!!! I even linked to the blog on facebook a few days ago. Sorry everyone!

It has been 2 days since Cael was discharged from the hospital. It has been incredibly busy since then! We went to clinic yesterday and today, and will go again tomorrow. They are just being super conservative and careful to start with. They want to make sure things are going well for the first few days. Going to clinic takes forever! It takes about an hour to get to the hospital, plus we are at the hospital for about 2 hours, so the entire morning is spent going to the hospital.

We have been enjoying being out of the hospital so much! Cael has so many new things to look at. We can just walk around the house and he is so entertained! He has played in his jumper, done some tummy time, watched us put up a Christmas tree, sat in his high chair, and just enjoyed being free! 

At night time, he is still getting TPN. We have to set it all up and hook him up to a pump in the evenings and turn it off in the morning. It is really easy to do. It's so nice to still have the TPN because he isn't really eating very well right now. I think that is due to the oral medications. Hopefully he will get used to the meds and get back to eating before too long. We've been having some problems with him throwing up his meds, still. It seems to be getting a little better, but we still don't know why he is throwing them up so much. I think we just need some time to figure out what works best for giving the meds. It seems we are giving meds all day long. There are 7 in the morning and 8 in the evening, plus 3 more at 3:00. We try to space the meds out to be about 15-20 minutes apart so if he does throw up, we don't have to redose more than 1 medication. So it takes about 2 hours to give the meds in the morning and evening.

I have spent so much time in the hospital with Cael that I haven't really been moving around too much. We are staying with some of Adam's family, and it is a 2 story house. I am constantly going up and down the stairs and walking all over the house getting things and whatnot. My legs are so sore!! I can't believe how bad it is. lol. At least I'm moving around, which is way more than I was doing in that little hospital room all that time. I'm not used to being so active, so it is only 6:00 pm and I am tired! 

All in all, I think things are going ok so far. I think we just need some time to adjust to the new routine and all the things with being out of the hospital. 

No comments:

Post a Comment