Donate

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Books!





White Blood Count - 270 cells/microliter
Absolute Neutrophil Count - 80 cells/microliter
Segmented neutrophils - 23.8%
Band Neutrophils - 7.1%
Lymphocytes - 45.2%
Monocytes - 19.1%
Eosinophils - 2.4%
Basophils - 0%






Cael really loves his books! He was about to fall asleep for his nap today, but I was trying to keep him up for just a little longer until his breathing treatment, so I decided to read him a book. While I was reading to him, he started kicking his legs out of excitement and woke up way more than I expected. Then, of course, he didn't want to sleep when I really wanted him to. Isn't that how it always works?
We had a quick visit today from one of the bosses at my work. He and his wife were in Houston, and made sure to stop by to see us while they were here. How nice is that? I guess they must like me well enough. :)

Cael's drinking is about 3 steps forward, 2 steps back. He still really wants to drink, but he is still throwing up about 2/3 of what he is drinking. But he didn't throw up too many times other than after he drank, so I think that is a step in the right direction. I was told today that they will definitely not send us home if he is still throwing up what he is taking in. I kind of figured as much, but hadn't heard anyone say it until now.

Not much else to say about today. 

1 comment:

  1. i've read that sometimes they thicken liquids to help with drinking. do those doing his therapy know he is having trouble with drinking? perhaps it could help. will pray this improves for your little fellow.

    ReplyDelete