Donate

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Holidays Approaching

I am a little bummed that we will very likely be spending Thanksgiving in the hospital. It is Cael's first Thanksgiving and first Christmas, but we won't be able to be home for them. I'm not much of a cook, but I certainly plan to learn how to cook at least a good Thanksgiving turkey and Christmas ham, and of course, all the sides. There may only be 3 of us (and only 2 that really eat the food), but I want the pictures and the memories of the holidays.

We also won't be able to have the big first birthday party and first Christmas for him. We might be out of the hospital for both, but we probably won't be back at our own home.  And as neither of us have been working for the past 3 1/2 months, we really won't be able to do the big bang that we would have liked to do. I'm not trying to throw a pity party for myself or anything...well maybe a little... I know a lot of all that is lost on a 1 year old, but that really doesn't matter, does it?

Ugh...I hate being down. Just not me. So! Let's change that. I absolutely LOVE going back and watching videos and looking at pictures of Cael when he was smaller. He has grown so much since we started in the hospital in July! He has also gotten a lot stronger. He sits up very well now, can reach for things without falling over, and can stand so well! He is nowhere near crawling or walking. I think he just doesn't have the need for those things yet. I was so worried about that stuff for a while, but have really calmed down about it. I really do think that once he gets out of here he will hit all those milestones just fine.


1 comment:

  1. Sarah, what about doing 2 parties next year? (Like a small one and a big one.) Celebrate his "first birthday" as a celebration of 1 year since his transplant and then his 2nd birthday at the "normal" time? Just think how much you all will have to celebrate a year from now! :)

    ReplyDelete