Donate

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Not His Day

Today was just NOT Cael's day. He was miserable all day. He woke up and was a bit fussy and uncomfortable seeming. Then Adam's aunt and uncle stopped by. They seem to love cuddling Cael. However, Cael just wasn't happy while they were here either. It didn't help matters that I was trying to keep Cael awake until 11:00, for his breathing treatment, only to find out that it wasn't going to be until 1:00 pm. I was pretty ticked about that, but we finally have a new schedule for the breathing treatments - 5 am, 1 pm, and 7 pm. That was the best I could get in order to work with his napping schedule a bit. Tomorrow should be better with that.

Anyways, he finally started feeling better, right as he went into the tent for the breathing treatment. He stayed awake for about an hour of it, just playing and kicking. I think it was the fact that he had a dose of morphine to help with his discomfort. Once he woke up from the treatment, he was pretty miserable again. The nurse even made comment about how uncomfortable he seemed. The nurses know that he hardly cries, so when he was crying today, she knew something wasn't quite right.

So we got a lot more cuddling in today. With Adam being back in Austin for the weekend, it's all up to me to comfort him. Not that I mind, but I am exhausted tonight. The night nurse said it seemed like I didn't sleep well last night. I must have been tossing a lot. I know I woke up a few times when they were in and out. Tonight doesn't look very promising either. His respiratory rate is high, so the nurse is going to come check on him often tonight to make sure he is doing ok.

One bit of good news. Another doctor confirmed what the doc said yesterday about the CT looking better than the last one. Yay! I'm holding out hope that he is at his worst now, and things will just get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment