Donate

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Last Day of Chemo!!!

Today is the last day of chemo!

Cael still didn't eat today. He had 1 ounce for breakfast, which we were so excited about when he was actually drinking, but that was it for the rest of the day. He was so clingy and fussy today. He wasn't happy unless he was being held and rocked. So I had a lot of good cuddle time today. He fell asleep in my arms this evening while I was on the phone with my mom. It was so cute.

The doctor started him on the ribavirin again. The dang breathing treatment that runs for 2 hours at a time, 3 times a day. They started it again because he was positive for RSV in his weekly nasal wash. So they are going to keep him on it until after his new cells have engrafted AND he is negative for RSV. This also means that we will be changing rooms AGAIN once the contagious patient has left. I know they are doing all of this for the benefit of Cael, but I really hate moving rooms, and even more, I REALLY hate the breathing treatments. They are annoying for all of us. Adam and I have to wear N95 masks for 6 hours a day, and poor Cael is stuck in a plastic box 6 hours a day. I don't know how he is going to do during the day when he just wants to be held, but is required to go in the box. One of the doctors even said that if he is screaming, they want him to stay in the box. How do they expect me to let my baby scream until he passes out in the box? I really hope that doesn't happen, otherwise the doctor might not like what I have to say about it. lol. He also has been waking up at 6:30 - 7:00 AM - right in the middle of when his treatment is supposed to be. So I don't know how we are going to convince him he needs to stay in the box for another hour or more. I guess we will just have to see tomorrow morning.

No matter how bad he feels, he always has a few smiles for us. What a little trooper.


No comments:

Post a Comment