Donate

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

October 9

You will never be so concerned with your child's eating and...hem hem...pooing routine as you will if they are in the hospital. Oh, and add weight to that. Every day we record his weight, how many ounces he drinks, and when he goes to the bathroom.  The doctors watch his inputs and outputs very carefully to make sure he is properly hydrated and getting enough calories. They also ask every day how his poo looks.

That being said (and as much as you probably don't care), Cael is no longer having diarrhea! This is a very happy thing for us as it has been nearly 10 weeks since he started having diarrhea.

Now for the eating.  He hasn't eaten great for the past 3 days. I think it might be associated with his calcium level. It jumped up a few days ago and has slowly been coming back down. He has been eating a little better each day since the worst day 3 days ago. He isn't doing terrible. Not as bad as a few weeks ago. Just not quite as much as he should be taking.

Now for a complete change of topic. I have a great boss. (I know you are reading this!) He is in Houston for a charity golf event, and he stopped by the hospital today to bring me dinner and visit with us for a little bit. It is so nice to have a visitor once in awhile. Especially when they bring yummy food. :) His wife also sent me some books. Thank you for those, too! Cael was great while he was here. He was giggling like crazy and so happy. It was a good day for a visit. I miss work, and dare I say it, my work buddies. (I hope they read this, too) I can't wait to be home again with things normal enough that I can go back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment